Ways to stay Creative and Productive always
Why this book?
This book talks about how to stay creative and productive when things are tough and when things are not.
Here are the key things to learn from this book:
- Spend your days wisely : You are in control is how you spend your day. You can choose what you do with in a day i.e how hard you want to work on whatever you choose to do. It is days that make years, so focus on using your days in a way that you are proud of.
- Do not just Dream, DO! : Do what you dream of doing. Do the work. The results will show. Don’t wait for someone to give you a job before you do the work, else you might never do the work at all.
- Pay attention to what is important : your attention is valuable and that is why everybody wants to get it. So protect it. Choose what you focus on and the things that add value to you.
- Make lists : Make a list of things you want to do, your goals, whatever you can that is important to you so you don’t forget. Our memories are not reliable because some information is lost every minute. This is why to-do lists are important as well. It puts you back on track when you feel lost. A list is a collection with purpose. It helps you reflect, remember and it unburdens your brain.
- Learn how to say no : Not all opportunities are for you. Not all money is good money. Not all jobs are good jobs. Learn how to say no. No is a complete sentence.
- Take breaks : Breaks are essential. Breaks lead to higher productivity, greater job satisfaction, a more balanced emotional health, and a stronger desire to go above and beyond. So take a break!
- Leave things better than you found them: This is a valuable mindset. Make an Impact wherever you find yourself. No matter what situation, relationship, place, or job you’re a part of, you should always add value to it and leave it better than you found it.
- Show your work : Always share your work with pride. Don’t just do the work and not show it. You do not need to do a perfect work before you share it. Talk about your work and share your story. Do not underestimate yourself and it is okay to make mistakes as long as you learn from them.
- Ignore the numbers : when you share your work on social media, do not focus on just the likes, retweets or shares. See your posts as an archive of your work that you can look back to and evaluate your humble beginnings and your growth.
- Pay extra attention to the skills you have already : Believe in yourself and pay attention to the skills you have already and look for ways to enhance those skills.